Covid-19 Returns Period Extension
We understand that through these Covid-19 difficult times, you may find it difficult to return an unwanted purchase. Please do not worry, we have extended our returns period and will honour late returns during the Covid-19 period. Please still ensure the item you are returning is stored in a safe place and returned in unused condition. Please also alert us as soon as you know of your intention to return the product, we will confirm receipt of your communication. The majority of our customer make their own arrangements to return unwanted products, but for large or heavy items we are happy to arrange collection at a fixed cost. Couriers are extremely busy at this time and practice Social Distancing we are not arranging collections until after the end of the current lockdown.
To request a return, please email us as firstname.lastname@example.org ; make sure to include your name, order number, the product and the reason for the return.
Please note: If you made your purchase with us during the Covid-19 period, you will now have 30 days in which to return an unwanted item. Please Note: the item must be in pristine condition and not used.
We are unable to accept returns without a Returns Authorisation Number (RAN). Please follow the steps below to obtain a RAN before sending us your item(s). We require these in order to be able to identify which returned item belongs to you and why they are being returned.
“I don’t want my purchase” – Refunds
You are entitled to return any purchase within 14 working days from your order delivery date. The intention is to put you in the same position as would be the case if you bought the product from a store which means you can inspect the product and return it unused. In such circumstances we will refund the price paid excluding the shipping cost, and you must pay the cost of return. For large or heavy items we can arrange courier collection and the cost of that collection will be deducted from your refund. Please note, we may also reduce the value of your refund if the product is not returned in “as new” and pristine condition.
Please be aware some products cannot be returned unless they are faulty. Such products include undergarments and niplettes.
Blister packed products cannot be returned once opened.
Where the product is faulty we will cover the cost of the return up to a maximum of £4.99.
Premium delivery costs are non-refundable.
“I don’t want my purchase” – Exchanges
- Within 30 days of the date you received the item(s), we will also take products back in exchange for other products of similar or greater value.
- The products must be unused and returned in “as new” condition, preferably in original packaging.
- The cost of shipping will be your responsibility.
- Please note that this is an exchange policy and cash refunds will not be given. We can apply the value of the Credit to your account for later use or you can request we transfer the credit to any of our other websites
- Please also note that an administration fee of £3.95 will apply when returning goods for exchange outside of the 14-day period.
- These terms do not affect your statutory rights in the event of faulty goods.
“My product is faulty”
We will exchange or repair a product which develops a defect within the first 12 months after the date you received it. After 6 months and within the warranty period, we will arrange for repair or replacement depending on the inspection result. The replacement may be for a product of similar value or specification but not necessarily the same brand.
For your convenience, we have produced a simple returns label with our returns address which you should print and enclose within the package; see “how to request a return” below.
GUARANTEE: Electrical products purchased from babymonitorsdirect.co.uk are covered by a minimum of a 6-month guarantee or as per the manufacturer’s warranty. Other products are covered by a 6-month guarantee.
This guarantee begins on the initial date of delivery and any subsequent replacement products do not renew this warranty.
You must ensure returned goods are suitably packaged to avoid damage in transit as we will not accept responsibility for any such damage that occurs. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Please do not state products are faulty when requesting returns unless there is a genuine fault, as you will have to pay all shipping costs both ways.
How to Request a Return
To request a return, email us at email@example.com ; make sure to include your name, order number, the product description and the reason for return.
Once your return is authorised we will provide you with an email including all of the information you need to get your return back to us.
- We do not accept returns without a Returns Authorisation Number. Please follow the steps above to obtain a RAN before sending us your item(s)
- We cannot accept responsibility for Returns until they arrive safely in our warehouse therefore you may wish to insure the product however this is at your cost
- It may take up to 14 days from receipt in our warehouse for each individual return to be processed
- We will only refund the reasonable cost of transit/postage (up to £4.99) where goods are confirmed faulty in the first 6 months of receipt, or when the return was due to an error on our part
- Once repair or replacement has taken place, we will endeavour to deliver your product back to you. If delivery is unsuccessful and returned to us, we will hold this product for 3 months from date of return. After this period, the item may be destroyed
- Please let us have any tabs, labels and accessories alongside your product, and please package it all securely. If you’re returning an item because you’ve changed your mind, there may be a deduction from your refund if it has been damaged, opened more than necessary to check it’s working, or used more than reasonably expected